Thursday, May 14, 2009

2nd Senior Exhibit Blog – The Update and major change

My senior exhibit presentation is approaching faster than I would like it too. It is about a month until everything goes down and I have a major change in my Senior Exhibit. Prior to now, I was going to be giving a presentation on my experiences in Alaska and Alaska itself to the 7th Grade Class. I had always been a little bit skeptical of this plan, because I was kind of clueless on how I was going to do it. I initially started the Senior Exhibit process with the concept of fly fishing on my mind. Also, it is still the main part of my presentation; I don’t really feel like I should get away from it that much. It is what I feel comfortable doing and my initial goal was to spread my passion for the fly fishing to some of my peers. Also, I just didn’t feel like the 7th graders geography class was a good fit, I know that they would have really wanted to hear what I had to say, I am truly was drawing a blank on how I could change that.
Therefore, I felt that it would be much more beneficial for me to switch gears and go down the teaching people how to fly fish. I think that it would be better for me because it is something I want to do and I feel that I could really make some people love the sport of fly fishing like I do. I am very heart set on this idea and am going to pursue it despite the lack of time left in my Senior year. Also, I written document was going to be the lesson plan I used to give a presentation to the 7th Graders, but since that is no longer happening, I am either going to do a paper on fish preservation in Alaska or a fly fishing manual in paper form. I guess I need to figure that out very shortly. Despite this change, I am feeling pretty comfortable with my Senior Exhibit right now. I am working on scheduling a date for my application and when that is over with, I came put all my efforts into coming up with the outline for my presentation

No comments: